Twilight

Click on any image to view larger

Sunset over the workshop's cupola and weathervane

There are many people that love the dawning of a new day--the freshness of the morning. I have to say that my favorite time of the day is just as the sun is setting--the twilight of a day. There is a restful peace in the air at that time.

I particularly like twilight time between the months of April and October. Each month's twilight times have their own special nuance that strikes the strings in my heart with such a pang, I cannot even describe it.

I could probably devote an entire blog just to each day's twilight sights and observations (I promise I won't though). That's how inspiring this time of day is to me.


Oreo, the garden kitty, loves to socialize at twilight

As we draw nearer to the first official day of summer, twilight often brings relief from the heat of the day. Twilight enters on cool calming breezes blown off the waters of the San Francisco Bay. Those breezes are always so delicious to my skin if I sit out in the garden and "just be". And on those cool wafts come the silent wings of dragonflies that swoop and dip in a canopy over the garden as they catch their evening meal on-the-wing. I love sitting under that magical moving canopy.


"Montezuma" rose

I know that in the world of film making, twilight is known as "golden hour" because of the amazing light that it casts and how beautiful it looks captured on film. Maybe it's my photographer's eye that has entranced me with the light of the ending day. I don't know.

What time of day makes your heart flutter and sing inside you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment