Fushion Magazine Scoop: Star Trek Boldly Goes Where Few Have Gone Before: Full On Press Conference.


Abbey Khan, editor in chief of Fushion Magazine had a chance to not only preview the Star Trek movie, she was able to participate in a full press conference.

Here’s some excerpts from her piece on Fushion Magazine





abrams_190.jpg



Question to JJ Abrams:



J.J., you took on one of the most beloved franchises in the history of television, why did you feel so compelled to do this and why now?



J.J. Abrams: Because I was not a Star Trek fan my initial reaction in producing was to try to work on a version that did appeal to me. The other producers and I started talking about what Star Trek could be because Brian had never seen an episode but Alex and Bob were big fans so we had a range of relationships with Star Trek. Star Trek was a story about survival, about working together, cross-cultural, political and racial lines, yet we wanted to maintain that and go back to the origins of Kirk and Spock and find a way for people like myself to love these characters. To tell the story was optimistic and with a big heart felt like the movies we loved as kids and that was one of the things that was most exciting to me.




star-trek-cast.jpg



Cast Photo



Question to Eric Bana



Eric, you usually play the good guy but here you’re the villain. What does it take to go from one extreme to the other?



Eric Bana: I don’t make the distinction in my head actually. Every film I’m in I try to play a character that I find interesting, and whether it’s good guy, bad guy, villain or hero. I don’t know that it’s more fun playing the villain, it keeps the girls, that’s for sure. I don’t know there’s that much of a difference. I just try and do what’s right for the character.




Question to Leonard Nimoy



Mr. Nimoy, this Star Trek takes place in an alternate timeline and the younger Spock is very different from your Spock, he’s much more emotional, much more human, and he has the relationship with the girl. How did you feel when you first read the script, were you resistant to that because he’s quite a significant character?



Leonard Nimoy: He does, doesn’t he (have a relationship with the girl). I was bemused by it when I read the script and I was amazed by it when I saw it in the film. I thought it was incredible.
I think there’s more of a human Spock than a Vulcan Spock-


Zachary Quinto responds too:

Zachary Quinto: I don’t necessarily agree with you. I think there’s a duality and internal conflict because he’s really split between the two halves of himself but I don’t think he’s gained control over that duality that Leonard had when he played the character. That’s the journey of this character. It’s not that he won’t allow you there and it’s not that he possess more humanity than Vulcanity.


0 comments:

Post a Comment